Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:11:14 GMT
From:      Peter <peter@vereshagin.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/125960: syscp lacks of chattr/chflags

>Number:         125960
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       syscp lacks of chattr/chflags
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
syscp.org software contains the ability to setup the mod_fcgid+suexec feature utilization of apache2.
In order to make it safe the php.ini is being built for every panel's user and binded to corresponding virtual hosts of that user.
It is required to be owned by apache's user but not changeable by that user. This is where the chattr is used. More details at my topic:
https://forum.syscp.org/development/fcgid-permissions/
Ok, but FreeBSD uses the 'chflags nouchg' instead of 'chattr +i' or something like that. And, this should be good reason for syscp port patch. ;-)
>How-To-Repeat:
Install www/syscp port and make it up and running.
Try to set the user or the whole server php setting into the 'fastcgi' mode.
The mail from syscp's cron_task.php arrives on 'chattr' command is missing.
And, probably, Apache fails to restart and stops down.
>Fix:
patch should be developed on change the gnu/linux 'chattr' command into the bsd 'chflags'.
This concerns the function used by cron_task.php and the corresponding safe_exec function at least.