Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 08:59:03 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Subject:   Re: Moving the generation of foodevs.h to build time

"David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org> writes:
> Should we commit this patch (in some form) for 5.1 or after 5.1?

It's not an issue for 5.1 unless we're planning more USB driver
updates and are worried about the release process being delayed
because of out-of-date usbdevs.h.  I'd say leave it for later.

As for placing the awk scripts in tools - we've always supported
building a kernel with only the sys sources installed, having the
scripts outside the sys tree will break that.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org