Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:25:11 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org, dillon@FreeBSD.org, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

On Tuesday,  4 February 2003 at  1:21:33 +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	For Mark to have been the person to remove Matt's commit bit, I
> know that this process would have to have been by consensus
> throughout -core, and I know that it must have have really hurt him
> to have to be the person to do it.

Mark did not remove dillon's commit bit.  Core did.  Mark was simply
the one left holding the baby when it came to sending out the text we
had prepared.

> 	But I also have some sense of Mark's commitment to FreeBSD,
> and that he (and the other members of -core) must have felt that
> this was the only way they could deal with whatever it was that Matt
> had done.

Yes, this is correct.  Remember the time factor.  The first time I met
dillon, he had just had his commit bit suspended (in June 1999).
Since then, we've been having trouble nearly all the time.

Greg