Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:03:02 -0600
From:      Bruce Albrecht <Bruce.Albrecht@seag.fingerhut.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   P6 MB recommendations

I'm planning to purchase a dual P6 system in the next 3 weeks, and I'm
looking for opinions about various mothboards and/or systems.  I'm
only planning on buying one P6-200 CPU now, and a second one in about
6 months.  I'm only planning on using SCSI peripherals, mainly because
I intend to liberate a bunch of drives from my Amiga.

I'm looking at:

Micron Millenia Pro2 with an AH2940UW controller

Custom Tyan Titan Pro ATX (Award BIOS), ASUS AS200 SCSI + either Tyan 875 or
ASUS 875 UW controller, Matrox Millenium

Custom ASUS P65UP5/CP6ND, ASUS AS200 + ASYS 875 controller, Matrox Millenium

GigaByte 686DX, ASUS AS200 + ASYS 875 controller, Matrox Millenium

I'm leaning towards the custom Tyan system, probably from RC Systems.  If
you've got one (or purchased from RC Systems), I'd like to hear from you.
Should I stay away from the Tyan 875 controller, since they've discontinued
it, or should that not really matter, since it's just another Symbios 875
chipset controller?  Thanks.