Date:      Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:48:23 -0800
From:      polymorph@shaw.ca
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Memory problems:-(

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:26:52 +0000 (GMT)
freebsd-questions-request@freebsd.org wrote:

> > I am facing a lot of memory issues with all services in the server.
> > Following log will tell you what is the exact problem.
>
> Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the memory stick?

memtest86 is a great program (find it with google).

I was having problems with my first install of FreeBSD (kept
crashing) memtest86 found problems with one of my memory modules
(the BIOS did not find a problem). It turned out that I just had to
remove the RAM module and put it back in (a few times :) before it
passed memtest86's tests. Luckly nothing was physically wrong with my
RAM, but if you have a physical memory problem you will have to replace
it.

Sorry if I am off topic I didn't catch your original post.
Conan