Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:39:31 -0700
From:      "Adam Lofstedt" <adaml@visimation.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Samba on firewall - any issues?

Hello wise ones,

I have a multihomed FBSD box w/ IPNAT and IPFILTER acting as firewall.
This box is also our FTP server.  We have a Windoze machine on Internal
network that does automated builds of our software programs, and then
posts the builds to another Windoze machine via a mapped drive.  What I
want is to have the build machine be able to post the builds instead to
an FTP directory on the BSD box, so that our clients can download the
build without us having to manually copy from Windoze box to BSD.

I want to install Samba on BSD box to get the two systems talking.  But,
before I do something stupid, is there anything I need to know about
putting Samba an a machine that acts as a firewall?  I only want file
sharing access on internal interface.  Are there any security concerns
in this type of situation?

Thanks,
Adam Lofstedt