Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:08:19 +0100
From:      Sacha Varma <sacha@ssl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bootstrapping CD-ROM install from network?

Dear all,

I'm in the rather peculiar situation of being unable to boot from floppy
or CD-ROM on my i386 PC. However, I can netboot (via PXE software on my
NIC).

What I would like to do is boot into an installer over the network, but
install the FreeBSD files from CD-ROM.

I've set up DHCP and TFTP on a PowerPC server and have successfully
booted the i386 client into PXElinux - so I know in theory I could
bootstrap the installation by serving the right boot image via TFTP.

I have no i386 compilation facilities.

How can I do this?