Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:51:23 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dbus, epiphany, rekonq

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:29:09 +0000, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 04:12:50AM +0100, Bernt Hansson wrote:
> > You do have this in /etc/rc.conf
> >
> > dbus_enable="YES"
>
> I didn't think it was necessary, as firefox3
> launches dbus-daemon on startup. But I'll give
> it a go.

I think those are mandatory when running X + { KDE | Gnome }.
Maybe it's even required for running KDE or Gnome applications
without the whole desktop environment? Maybe the dependencies
are that deep that they affect the libraries used...

Always check for

	hald_enable="YES"
	dbus_enable="YES"

in your /etc/rc.conf.