Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2016 14:06:32 +0100
From:      Jan Bramkamp <crest@rlwinm.de>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network goes down when installing ipfw

On 11/03/16 13:46, Kulamani Sethi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>       I am using ipfw3. When i am installing ipfw driver in windows-7
> machine the network goes down. If uninstall that driver again then network
> comes automatically. That means ipfw driver does not support.
>
>              I have also digitally signed by Microsoft kernel mode signing
> process for authenticate the publisher.
>

> Process of installing: Local Area Connection-> properties -> Install ->
> service -> Add ->OK (I can also see there message by system  "Driver
> digitally signed")
>
> Could anyone please help me for this issue. Thanks in advance.

IPFW has a single default match all rule at the end of the ruleset. If
no ruleset is loaded it will match (and deny) all traffic by default.
This blocks all traffic until a ruleset is loaded.

As far as I know IPFW isn't supported on Windows by the FreeBSD project
in any way. Look into the documentation on how to load rules and or get
in touch with whoever ported IPFW to Windows.