Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:11:50 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "Vincent Poy" <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

Athlon's
> run a lot hotter than the coppermines so does this mean the Intel's =
are
> not real CPU's? ;)

	Packard Bell did the same with their 133 MHz models.  I had one come =
into the shop a couple of years ago, guy wanted to know why his system =
wasn't stable.

	Most companies that I've seen that do that, only putting a heatsink on =
the chip, also line up a case fan to blow overtop of it.  That does some =
good, but I hasten to guess how much.

--- Andy