Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 1995 20:02:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
To:        -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
Cc:        Pete Carah <pete@pelican.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG

On Fri, 2 Jun 1995, -Vince- wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 1995, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>
> > 	i have modified bulk_mailer to work more easily with majordomo
> > and hope to test it tonight.  chat will be the guinea pig ;)
> >

> 	Hmmm, what did you change?

	bulk_mailer expects to get clean addresses with no extraneous
material.  i added a '-m' flag to strip this material so it can use
majordomo list files directly, if needed.

	added a '-S' to limit the number of sendmail processes (needs testing)

	added a '-N' to limit the number of hosts per envelope (needs testing)

	comments as i figured out what was happening in each function

	comment at the top of all non-trivial functions to doc their behavior

	that's all i remember of the top of my head.

> > 	if this does not cut mail times signifcantly, then let's try
> > other options.   bulk_mailer may be all we need. ;)
>
> 	I thought that was all is needed except maybe more RAM ;)

	well, there are those clammoring for other services as well

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com	| Analysis & Technology, Inc.
						| 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.					| Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life	| 703-418-2800 x346