Date:      28 Feb 2000 15:28:25 +0100
From:      assar@stacken.kth.se
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, thepish@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: working port for arla-0.31

Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com> writes:
> About time! I was pretty intent on submitting a port removal request for
> this particular port, since I've never seen it build successfully before.

Thanks.  Having it there but not building didn't make me very happy
either...

> > the maintainer (thepish).  As far as I can tell, the maintainer does
> > not have time to deal with this.
>
> Yeah, I'd say that's correct. Some people just don't have time to do
> anything.. some don't care enough to even delegate the task to someone who
> does have enough time to get the job done.

I do understand volunteers not having time, but then hopefully
somebody else will take over.

> > -Version 0.9 status:
> > +Version 0.31 status:
>
> Instead of this (to prevent further unnecessary diffs), why not something
> like "Current arla status:" ?

Sure, of just a reference to the web-page, it's better with a
reference to the canonical reference than an out-of-date pseudo-copy.

/assar