Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:38:30 -0700
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@gutenberg.uoregon.edu>
To:        David Marsh <drmarsh@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Newbies FAK

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, David Marsh wrote:

> FreeBSD-questions is a very busy list, and so far, I'm duly subscribed
> to it, but it is very timeconsuming to wade through. From my previous
> internet experience, I know that it's generally considered rude to fire
> questions at a list you don't subscribe to.

I think that this is different in the case of -questions. It's just like
any other tech support list at a company (which the users wouldn't be
*able* to subscribe to). You send questions to the generic support
address, whoever knows the answer first replies to you and cc's the list
so that the others will know that the question has been answered. That's
how all of the support lists I am on work....

Sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu|"It's not a habit, it's cool.
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~sharding/ | I feel alive."