Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:00:42 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>, KOJIMA Hajime <kjm@rins.ryukoku.ac.jp>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI: Propolice for gcc-2.95.2

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 04:32:48PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

> I'd worry about putting this into the base system.  First, I'd worry
> about the performance impact of all this extra code in the base
> system.  Second, I'd worry about bitrot when we move to new versions
> of the source.

Performance shouldn't be an issue unless you enable the extra bounds
checking at compile time.

Bitrot is certainly an issue, though. We should at least allow world
to be built using a propolice-enabled compiler - though that should be
fairly automatic just using CC and CFLAGS.

Kris

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--