Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 11:52:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        Yog Sothoth <death@apollo.COSC.GOV>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: select() and setrlimit() broken (fwd)

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Yog Sothoth wrote:
> >
> > 	btw, my chatline program worked "properly" on FreeBSD 2.0.5, 2.0
> > and previous versions 1.5.1.1 (or whatever version that novell
> > doesn't want anybody using).
>
> I've just verified: the file sys/kern/sys_generic.c (that contains
> select(2)) hasn't changed between 2.0.5 and 2.1.  select() ends up in
> a call to tsleep().  In your case (no timeout requested), tsleep() is
> being passed a timo value of 0, which prevents it from installing a
> timeout (so it's just doing a sleep).
>
> Again: i cannot see anything changed between 2.0.5 and 2.1 here.

	Hmmm, could it be that it's just a change between 2.0.5 and -current?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin