Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:25:56
From:      "Some Person" <ntvsunix@hotmail.com>
To:        cookfire@xmission.com, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridging only 2 interfaces???

I've never done that on FreeBSD (yet) and I do exactly that, with three NICs
on OpenBSD 2.8. I'm sure it's just as easily possible with FreeBSD using
IPFW...

IPF on OpenBSD would change the ruleset completely on the 'bridged'
interface/rules file.

It's a little tricky at first, but then very easy once you get the concept.
And not to forget that the (non-bridged) interface (if you decided to use
rules, is to use the normal rule processing and not the contrary for the
bridged interfaces).

Not trying to push you away from FreeBSD, just trying to help where I can...

Best Regards!

FreeBSD/OpenBSD - Advocate!