Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:46:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      user <user@dhp.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   permissions for .snap directories - contradictory man page ?

I am using a 6.0-RELEASE system.  On that system, the man page for dump
states:

This problem can be corrected by creating a
.snap directory in the root of the file system to be dumped; its
owner should be ``root'', its group should be ``operator'',and
its mode should be ``0770''.

However, I note that system install produced these .snap directories, by
default, in the roots of my partitions:

2 drwxrwxr-x  2 root  operator  512 Nov 30 03:27 .snap

Is the man page wrong, or should I alter these permissions for my .snap
dirs ?

thanks.