Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 19:48:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't build tk41 port

This is a continuation of problems I've been having trying to build
(ultimately) the quakeserver port. Previously, I could not build the
'expect' port, the concensus being I was running 2.1.5. I received my
2.1.6-current CD a few days ago and, after sup'ing to sync with the
current release, I rebuilt the kernel and did a make world. I also sup'd
the latest ports as well.

Now, I can't for the life of me get tk4.1 to build. When I try, I get:

----
>> Checksum OK for tk4.1.tar.gz.
===>  Building for tk-4.1
cc -c -O -fPIC -I. -I./../generic  -I./../bitmaps -I/not_critical/generic -I/usr/X11R6/include -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1      ./tkAppInit.c
In file included from ./tkAppInit.c:16:
./../generic/tk.h:25: tcl.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

----
I've removed all of the previous installations of tk7.5 and rebuilt it
with no luck whatsoever. What in the world doesn't it like here? (I also
reinstalled the X11 files, though I do not use XWindos for anything).

-Dave