Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 20:03:33 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        mkm <mkm@idsi.net>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/34565: graphics/blender port is broke

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 04:58:02PM -0600, mkm wrote:
> better yet, blender has been the only application so far that i have come
> across that does this, so for now (until we come up with a better way to deal
> with the X lib symlink issue) ive just patched blender to handle those links.

That's the wrong way to do it.  Mesa installs the libGL.so.14
libraries, so you need to tell that port to restore the symlink
if it sees other versions of libGL when deinstalling.  You'd also
have to tell the other ports to install a symlink if they don't
see a libGL.so.14.

Making assumptions like these are dangerous.

Regards,
--
wca