Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 03:50:16 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        peter@spinner.netplex.com.au, freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bad system call - world build

Satoshi Asami scribbled this message on Oct 29:
> This is what I know about the "make world" problem:
>
> (1) It only breaks on some programs, most notably vi during termcap
>     compilation.  There should be some other programs before vi that
>     use getcwd(), I wonder why they don't die.
>
> (2) It only breaks on older systems, like 2.1.5 or 2.2.2.  I think it
>     works on a recent 2.2-stable (I'm not sure, testing now).
>
> Do you have any idea what's going on?  Especially (2), was there a
> matching commit that went into RELENG_2_2 at that time?

I looked at the diffs between 2.2.1 and 2.2.5, and it looks like the
call that we might be hitting is the new issuid...  I KNOW that this
was before the getcwd syscall was added... (haven't you gotten my last
few posts on the subject??)...  termcap building failed on a buildworld
around late august which is before the getcwd syscalls...

ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD