Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:18:26 -0700
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   password expiry/login/sshd problem

What might cause a problem like this?

If a password expires for an account on my system (4.3-STABLE), at the
next login the user is prompted to change the password -- but is never
actually given a password prompt.

i.e.:
{remotehost}(~)$ ssh user@kearneys.ca
user@kearneys.ca's password:
Warning: Your password has expired, please change it now

... then it just sits there indefinately.  No pressing of any keys
helps, and a break terminates the connection.

Where should I start looking?

Thanks,

Brent

(PS. please mail me directly; I'm not currently on the list).

--

"Verisimilitude and opinion are an easy purchase; but
true knowledge is dear and difficult."    --Glanvill.