Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9667: freeciv port does not honour ${PREFIX}

The following reply was made to PR ports/9667; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To: Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:34:19 -0600 (CST)

 On 24 Jan 1999, Tom Hukins wrote:

 # The port of Freeciv uses HAS_CONFIGURE instead of GNU_CONFIGURE, and
 # thus does not honour ${PREFIX}.
 #
 # The patch attached fixes this, and also modifies the port to use a
 # bzip2 compressed distfile. This issue was discussed recently in
 # freebsd-ports.

 I remember this discussion too.  If our plans are really to use
 bzip2 for all new ports that support it, we should probably get
 Satoshi to add something like USE_BZIP2 so we don't have to litter
 every port with the BUILD_DEPENDS and EXTRACT_* cruft to
 support it.  IMHO.

 # >Fix:
 #
 # diff -ruN freeciv.old/Makefile freeciv/Makefile
 # --- freeciv.old/Makefile	Sat Jan 23 16:41:09 1999
 # +++ freeciv/Makefile	Sun Jan 24 17:01:54 1999
 # @@ -3,17 +3,23 @@
 #  # Date created:		Jun 20 1997
 #  # Whom:			ada@bsd.org
 #  #
 # -# $Id: Makefile,v 1.14 1999/01/18 03:24:01 steve Exp $
 # +# $Id$
 #  #

 Please don't do this.  This will be automagically updated when
 your fix gets committed.

 [remainder of patch elided]