Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:14:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Charlie Root <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        eddie@silk.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Procmail, HTML, /dev/null

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Charlie Root wrote:
> From: Eddie Lawhead <eddie@silk.net>
> Subject: Procmail, HTML, /dev/null
> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:28:17 -0800 (PST)
>
> > I may be dence, but I know almost nothing about HTML mail, only that it is
> > a pain, hard to read, and promotes M$.  Could someone tell me how I can
> > redirect it with procmail and then auto respond to the person sending it
> > telling them to get a real mailer?

This is from a spam filter so it allows Mime with HTML through. Easy enough
to eliminate that check.  Pretty simple minded but it does catch a lot of
spam for me (which is filed in $HOME/spam in my case).

:0
* !^Mime-Version
* B ?? ^^<HTML>
{
    | ( formail -b -rA"Precedence: junk" \
    -A"X-Loop: nohtml@yourdomain.com" \
    cat $HOME/nohtml.txt ) -s $SENDMAIL -oi -t
}

nohtml.txt needs to be a valid email message including a From: line
and any other headers you want followed by a blank line and then the
instructional message.

> I found slocal from /usr/ports/mail/mh to be easier for me to understand.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jerry Hicks
> wghicks@bellsouth.net

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com