Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:21:10 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Call for Participation--USENIX Annual Technical Conference, UseBSD and Freenix Tracks

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

Call for Participation--USENIX Annual Technical Conference, UseBSD
and Freenix Tracks

Daily Daemon News
  complete story and comments:
    http://daily.daemonnews.org/view_story.php3?story_id=4273

Submitted By : Alex Walker, <alex@usenix.org>

=====

UseBSD Submission Deadline: January 5, 2004

UseBSD will be a one-day special interest group (SIG) session hosted
as part of the 2004 USENIX Annual Technical Conference in Boston
(June 27 -July 2, 2004). UseBSD will showcase ways in which creative
members of the BSD community are making use of BSD - on the desktop,
in embedded applications, in corporate data centers, in computational
clusters, in business environments, and more!

The UseBSD Program Committee solicits proposals for presentations
related to BSD-derived systems.

Submission guidelines, suggested topics and conference details are
available on the USEBSD page:
  http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix04/usebsd.html

Murray Stokely, FreeBSD Mall, Inc.
UseBSD Program Chair

Chris Demetriou, Broadcom
Kostas Magoutis, IBM Research
Kirk McKusick, Consultant
Robert Watson, Network Associates Laboratories
UseBSD Program Committee

FREENIX Track Call For Papers
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix04/freenix.html
Submission Deadline: December 16, 2003

FREENIX is the forum on free and open source software. New this year, the 2004
FREENIX track will have special emphasis on two related areas:

I. Userland Application and Systems Development:
Desktop applications
P2P and web-based systems
Libraries, toolkits and infrastructures
Scripting languages and applications
Novel algorithms and applications
System management tools
Software development tools
Print systems

II. Free and Open Source Software Engineering:
Project-centric: Software specification and design methodologies, novel
implementation techniques, testing, deployment, readability and security,
performance and scalability
Process-centric: Team governance, administration and management; planning and
forecasting; measuring progress and assessing quality
Integrating tools and theologies
In addition, we would also welcome submission on a wide variety of topics
including:
Technical aspects of commercial use of free software
Graphical user interface tools
Interesting deployment of free software
Large-scale system management
Nontechnical aspects including business, legal
Security and Documentation
Submission guidelines and conference details are available on our website:
  http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix04/freenixsubmit.html

Please join us in developing the best technical conference program ever!

Bart Massey, Portland State University
Keith Packard, Hewlett-Packard Cambridge Research Lab
2004 FREENIX Program Chairs

SAVE THE DATE! 2004 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX '04)
June 27-July 2, 2004, Boston, Massachusetts
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix04/

=====

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                   Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm
mailto:gsutter@zer0.org             for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7--