Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:42:36 -0800
From:      Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        dougb@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/34172: xscreensaver 4.00 problem with GNOME

Jose M. Alcaide wrote:

> Hmmmm... At least gnomecc-1.4.0.3 does include a screensaver-properties
> capplet:

Great.  You seem to be right.

I was assured that the old gnomecc capplet had been removed from all
current Gnome branches.  But now they're trying to weasel out of our
agreement.

I'll let you know when this is worked out.  (I'm so fed up with dealing
with this mess that the "solution" may well be that I change the license
on xscreensaver to a non-free one so that Gnome is forced to stop
distributing it at all.)

I implore anyone responsible for packaging xscreensaver or Gnome
distributions to throw away the screensaver-properties capplet that
comes with gnomecc, and use the one that comes with xscreensaver
instead.

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz@jwz.org             http://www.jwz.org/