Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:29:36 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=C3=A9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10-R 8 vCPU panics at boot under XenServer (on 8 'core' CPU)

--On 17 February 2014 16:56 +0100 Roger Pau Monn=C3=A9 =
<roger.pau@citrix.com>=20
wrote:

> How many guests are you running on this host, and how many vCPUs has
> each one assigned?

Only 1 active guest (the FreeBSD one) - there are others on there, but=20
they're not running (so I'm hoping they don't count? :)

> I don't think those modifications have any effect on the timer, but
> could you try to recompile without the NO_ADAPTIE_* modifications and
> without any device pass-through?

Removed the NO_ADAPTIVE_ stuff from the Kernel - I'll have to do the PCI=20
passthrough removes later.

> In order to provide more debug info, could you apply the following patch:
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/people/royger/0001-xen-debug-Xen-PV-timer.patch
>
> It will expand the panic message a little bit. Also, after applying the
> patch you can manually edit sys/dev/xen/timer/timer.c and increase
> NUM_RETRIES to see if that solves the problem.

Ok, with that patch applied, removing the NO_ADAPTIVE_* (but like I said -=20
still with the PCI passthroughs in place) I get:

"
panic: can't schedule timer on vCPU#0, interval: 112847ns
"

I'll increase NUM_TRIES, try that - then remove the PCI passthrough devices =

and give that ago - that'll have to do those in a bit, and post when done.

Thanks,

-Karl