Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 16:27:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Miten N. Mehta" <mmehta@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with XF86Config file of FreeBSD

>>I tried to put 'EarlySC "1024x768" 1' in Display subsection as i figured
>>out that "EarlySC" is Display Subsection keyword. But when I tried to
>>start the windows by "startx", I got following error message...
>>----------
>>
>>EarlySC "1024x768" 1
>>^^^^^^^
>>Display subsection keyword expected.
>>
>>--------------

> Are you sure?  It may be a Monitor or Device section keyword.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major

Yes, It is Display section keyword. And now the problem is solved, thanks
to Harald Koenig. As I am using XFree86 version 3.1.2, I had to use
"Early_SC" instead of "EarlySC". And now it is working fine.

Thanking you,

Miten.

Miten N. Mehta                                 	Graduate Student
3902, Collegemain, #1001			Computer Science
Bryan, 						Texas A & M University
Texas-77801.					College Station, TX-77843

Tel.#(409)-691-4614                             E-mail# miten@tamu.edu

            Home Page : http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~mnm3866

	"UNTIL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE, KEEP ON WORKING FOR THAT"