Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:34:04 -0500
From:      eculp@bafirst.com
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP 5.1.6 Command Line Arg Gives Seg Fault

Quoting Ron Tarrant <rtarrant@sympatico.ca>:

> *eculp at bafirst.com wrote:
>
> *> Kian Mohageri wrote:
>
>> >/ Do you happen to use the php5-ldap extension?  If so, you might try
> /> >/ upgrading your openldap port, because I experienced segfaulting
> with the
> /> >/ php command line (5.1.6) using openldap 2.3.25.  I upgraded to
> /> >/ openldap-client-2.3.27 and it fixed the problem.
> /> >/
> /> >/ You can also try using gdb to get an idea of where/when it is
> seg faulting.
> /> >/
> /> >/ Hope that helps.
> /> >/
> /> >/ --
> /> >/ Kian Mohageri
> /> >/ WWU ResTek
> /> >/ 206.779.0707
> /
>> I was seeing something similar and ended up compiling php5 and all
>> the php5-estensions without IP6 and it solved it for me.  I used
>> portmaster that forced me to check all the make config options in
>> all the php5 and php5-extensions.
>
>> I didn't actually try php --version when I had the problem but was
>> sigfaulting just executing the pear command to see the help screen.
>
>> This was on my upgrade from a previous php upgrade from 5.1.4 maybe.
>>  It was not long ago.
>

> Thanks for the input, guys.
>

> My openldap-client version is 2.3.27 and I double-checked the options
> for compiling and found that IP6 was not selected. I also found a
> reference in one of the php mailing lists to segmentation faults
> apparently caused by ImageMagick's magickwand. It was suggested that
> removing the magickwand extension from the list would fix the
> problem, but it didn't for me.
>
> The search for a solution continues.

I first removed php5 php5-extensions all pear and pecl ports and then
installed all starting with php5 without ip6. I no longer had a
problem.  I then ran make rmconfig and make config checking for ip6 and
then reinstalling and testing.  I was also forced to quit using Zend
substituting eaccelerator after installing and testing each.  Both of
those have caused problems for me at different times in the past.  I
never had a problem with a clean php5 on a machine without any php,
pear, etc.  I had the problem on 5 machines with both amd and intel,
current and releng_6 and fixed them all that way.

Good luck.

ed