Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 22:33:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        mcgovern@spoon.beta.com (Brian J. McGovern)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 1540CP...

[CC -hackers trimmed]

> I was wondering if the Adaptec 1540CP is currently supported by the
> 2.2-SNAP releases.... I know some of the earlier cards are, but I'm about

Well ... I would think so.
I have an AHA-1542CP with an hp4020i and burnt successfully a CD.
                (^ I think that's floppy support)

This was on 2.1.5-RELEASE with Joerg's patches to recognize the 4020i
under 2.1.5 as a WORM.
This patch is not necessary on 2.2.

> to buy one to support my HP 4020i, and I would like to make sure so I don't
> get to play the pick-it-up, install it, return it blues. I've been playing
> with a 2842, but my 486 system doesn't seem to fully support VLB the way it
> should (love bogus hardware), so when I load my soundcard drivers w/windows
> (under DOS), the 284X stops working.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> 	-Brian

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)