Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:53:01 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        "alex@imp" <alex@gutza36.de>
Cc:        Alvaro Gil <alvaro@vrx.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stuck in 640X480

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 at 16:29:48 +0100, alex@imp wrote:
> hi, i'm heading the same problem but not with a notebook.
> freebsd is not recognizing my AGP-V7100 graphic card..
> what can i do?!?

From what i can tell via asus's website your card is a Geforce2 correct?

FreeBSD has text mode support for all video cards, it does not support
any 'set' of video cards, and from experiance, any nvidia based video
card will work with FreeBSD and X. Now assuming your talking about X,
you need XFree86-4 Installed, and use the 'nv' driver, and that will
support it. as far as a 800x600 console, read the archives or handbook
there is alot of info on doing it.

--
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net

Xerox does it again and again and again and ...