Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 2017 15:43:25 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-hackers@dino.sk>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   svn over nfs - was kern.ostype - where gets its value?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:05:41 +0200
Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> > On 26 Feb 2017, at 15:06, Milan Obuch <freebsd-hackers@dino.sk>
> > wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:47:42 +0000
> > Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org> wrote:

> >> svn can work over nfs provided that locking is supported.
> >>

> > How could I find whether locking is supported/make sure it is?
> you need to run rpc_lockd on both server & client
> (rpc_lockd_enable=yes in rc.conf) probably also rpc_statd too.

[ snip ]

Yes, I found this in FreeBSD handbook too, see URL
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-nfs.html, but it does not
solve this issue... I make sure both lockd and statd processes are
running on both server and client, restarted them and nfsd, mountd,
rpcbind couple of times, but while things changed, issue is not yet
resolved.

Without lockd/statd, svnliteversion on client shows

# svnliteversion /usr/src
svnversion: E155016: The working copy database at '/usr/src' is corrupt.

When lockd/statd are running, it changes to

# svnliteversion /usr/src
svnversion: E200033: sqlite[S5]: database is locked, executing
statement 'PRAGMA case_sensitive_like=1;PRAGMA synchronous=OFF;PRAGMA
recursive_triggers=ON;PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;PRAGMA locking_mode =
NORMAL;PRAGMA journal_mode = TRUNCATE;'

and that's it. I will try to checkout fresh svn on server with both
lockd/statd running as well, just in case, but I do not expect it will
work then.

Regards,
Milan