Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:09:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Ted Buswell <tbuswell@acadia.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cheap X terminals

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Ted Buswell wrote:

:
:Timely considering the "Ask Slashdot" on ethernet internet appliances:
:
:onsale.com for the past couple of weeks (at least) has been moving used
:IBM Netstation's.  I picked one up in an auction for $21.  You can
:currently buy them for $50 (they haven't had any for auction for a
:couple days now).
:

There was/is a root exploit in the web-based configuration software for
these.  It's a temp file race, I think.  It was in Bugtraq the end of last
year.

David