Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:27:09 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        aoertel@pacbell.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My database

aoertel@postoffice.pacbell.net wrote:
> I have very limited knowledge of PHP3 and MYSQL. Nonetheless, I have
> placed two insurance quote forms on my website. I want to be able to do
> word processing, accounting, etc. from this website.
> Will  your FreeBSD software help me? I want to merge information from my
> database to a word processing program and save the word processing
> document as a record in a word processing file. I want to do all of this
> on my website.

Well, I'm afraid you aren't very clear on what you mean by "save the
work processing document as a record in a word processing file." And a
lot of what you ask for _requires_ a person to write it him/herself.

FreeBSD does, however, have a ports collection, which would make
installation of MySQL and Apache + PHP very simple. After that, it's not
really a FreeBSD issue anymore.

--Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>