Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:46:44 -0400
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        Dave Wilson <davew@sai.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Off topic a bit, apache authenication

Hi Dave,

Some perl should do this for you.  After a user authenticates through http, an
environment variable with their username is set (REMOTE_USER).  You can make an
access file on your local system, maybe in the format 'user: redirect'.  The
perl could read this file and redirect the user based on their username.  Just
stick this code in index.cgi, add that to the DirectoryIndex httpd.conf setting,
and tell apache to treat .cgi as a cgi script - 'AddHandler cgi-script .cgi'

Note this would not protect them from seeing other companies mrtg stats; the
best prevention with this method would be to give each company a seemingly
random directory name (say, mrtg.yourdomain.com/K83J091, you get the idea) and
redirect them to that.

Regards,
Pete

++ 02/10/00 17:54 +0200 - Dave Wilson: