Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:06:21 +0100
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI Wireless NIC

Someone, quite probably Wayne Pascoe, once wrote:
>"Eric F Crist" <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com> writes:
>
>> Apparently you didn't get my other response.  Linksys makes a PCMCIA ->
>> PCI adapter that I've used in FreeBSD.  I don't remember what chipset it
>> uses, everything just worked it self out and it was working.  Here is
>> the link for it:
>>
>> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=158&grid=22
>>

>Cannot get that anywhere in the UK at the moment :( Tried Dabs,
>Insight, Simply, Action, and a bunch of places on the high
>street. Amazon.com have them but they won't ship them to the UK :(

I've had a Zoom PCI card detected during install.  I've never needed to
get the PCMCIA card working under FreeBSD so I make no promises about it
being useful but as sysinstall realises I have a PCMCIA slot in the
machine I'd guess it's okay.  Uses a Texas Instruments chipset if that
helps.

Kevin
--
kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk