Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:33:41 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'Scott A. Moberly'" <smoberly@xavier.dyndns.org>, Krzysztof Krawczyk <cys@denied.cx>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Dynamic DNS

Scott,
That's why you don't run ddup as a cron job.  You put it in
/etc/ppp/ppp.linkup so it is only run when you connect to your isp.

Of course, if you're not using ppp, e.g. cable, dsl, etc.. than just ignore
me.  :)  Although I'm sure there's a way to run it only when needed in that
situation also.

===

As to the original question, I'm not sure if this is what he is asking.

I belive what Krzysztof is asking, is if there is a way for the bind running
on his box to be updated with the current IP address of some other boxes.
E.g.  His box would be acting like a mini-dyndns style name server.

If that is the question, I don't belive there is a freely available daemon
to do this.

-Chris