Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:38:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Phoenix <dphoenix@bravenet.com>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: systat -vmstat or iostat IO help

this is a webserver ......i am trying to figure out if cpu increase or
scsi drives is better in this situation. Right now...that is a big
decision because there are approx 30 fbsd webservers ....not all showing
high IO from vmstat...just the ones with the highest uptime.
More of a decision is a cost-effective one. Rather than buying a new
machine to bring LA down would increasing IO or cpu give the servers
more perf so as to not buy new servers each time......

thanks for your comments....not sure why iostat not giving correct
readings, but just glad i know...thanks again.