Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:31:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Pilz <tech@vikrant.tznet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD/Procmail/Virus

        Hopefully a simple question.

        Our setup:

ProcMail/QPopper/Sendmail/BSD 4.5-Release

        Around 10k users on our mail server, heavy smtp/pop3 traffic on a
daily basis, 24/7.

        I need to implement "good" virus filters for incoming email on
only selected (those that pay) mailboxes. I have looked long and hard for
a program to do this - nearly all of them only support
"global" configurations, or a replacement to procmail altogether (which I
cannot do).

        For those customers that subscribe, I'd like to simply modify
their .procmailrc and include the pass-thru to the virus scanner.. Any
package that anyone uses/heard of that does this the way I want it to
work?

        I find it hard to believe that people like Postini can do this on
a per-user-level yet there are no good packages available for BSD.

	Cheers,
Scott