Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 11:50:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      wardd@khis.Kodak.COM (Doug Ward)
To:        questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   NFS hanging up

I am networking two FreeBSD 2.0 systems using 3Com Etherlink (not II)
ethernet cards.  I am using the el0 interface.

RPC, ftp and telnet work great.  I can cd and ls within a remote mounted
file system but when I try to cp to or from the remote file system, the
shell I am in hangs.  The shell also hangs when I try to execute a program
on  the remote file system.  The results are the same no matter which
machine I mount from.

One of the machines is a 386DX40 with 8 MB of ram, an Adaptech 1542C SCSI
controller and a 1.1 GB Micronet SCSI hard drive.
The other machine is a 386DX33 with 4 MB of ram, an 100 MB IDE hard drive.

Is there a patch I need?  Is there a parameter for mount I need to check?  What
information provided by nfsstat is useful in looking at this?

thanks,  William