Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2022 19:29:52 -0500
From:      Derek Schrock <dereks@lifeofadishwasher.com>
To:        Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 13.0 Coming to An End... Already?

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 05:30:08AM EST, Mark Tinka wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just ran a 'freebsd-update' today, and got this:
>
>      WARNING: FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE-p6 is approaching its End-of-Life date.
>      It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a newer
>      release within the next 2 months.
>
> Ummh, what am I missing?
>
> I've not seen any notifications about an impending EoL date for 13.0.
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/security/#sup seems to back up my thoughts, and
> I've not heard a thing about 13.1.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Mark.

Is your machine synced with ntp?

What is ServerName in /etc/freebsd-update.conf

What's the output of:

  $ echo $((1651276800-$(date +%s)))

1651276800 should be the EOL date for 13.0-6 from the latest.ssl and it
appears all update.freebsd.org hosts have that value.  I have seen some
update servers get out of sync with others or have bad data.

If the above echo is greater than 7884000 (3 months) then you get that
message.