Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:41:08 +0100
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.co.yu>
To:        Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buying usb bluetooth dongle

Hi Iain!

> Well, most of these dongles have a CSR chip inside in any case.

I think gigabyte gn-bt03d looks fine and has usb cable.
MSI is ugly. If inner is the same, gigabyte wins.

> personally, I don't think its worth it to get a Class 1 if you don't need
> the extra range, but you definitely want "v2.x and EDR" as it is many
> times faster and more robust than the older spec.

Costs are almost identical.
I have another question: I made custom kernel and removed all
usb items from it. Is it enough to load ng_ubt and usb modules?
If uhci/ohci/ehci is needed, I see no other way but to put them
into the kernel and recompile. Also, I found in /boot/kernel
ng_bluetooth and ng_btsocket. Are they necessary to add or are
they loaded authomaticaly?
Finaly, what people on this list use to put pictures/data on
their phones? Obexapp?
Best regards

                             Zoran