Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 16:48:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris England <cengland@obscurity.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.3-STABLE Crashes

Hi all,

I've been using FreeBSD since the beginning of the 2.2 branch and have
never had a problem with my system crashing.

Just recently, I upgraded from 3.2-STABLE to 3.3-STABLE, and it seems my
machine will lock up periodically.  (It has happened 3 or 4 times since
3.3-STABLE was compiled on the date shown in the dmesg output)

Two things I've been doing differently lately which I doubt would cause
this.  One is running ssh 1.2.27 clients all the time, another is running
apache.

Is this a known problem?  If not, any suggestions on how one might
investigate the cause of this?

----- Here is some dmesg info on my machine: -----

FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE #1: Thu Oct 21 13:21:16 PDT 1999
    stab@freebsd.oblivion.sk:/usr/src/sys/compile/oblivion
Timecounter "i8254"  frequency 1193182 Hz
CPU: Cyrix 5x86 (486-class CPU)
  Origin = "CyrixInstead"  DIR=0x132d  Stepping=1  Revision=3
real memory  = 33554432 (32768K bytes)
avail memory = 30035968 (29332K bytes)