Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 23:52:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jkb@best.com, anarchy@crl.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, parker@Yahoo-inc.com
Subject:   Re: [svlug] *sigh* (fwd)

> > 	Derek is a local PITA. Good thing he has no voice and even himself
> > is forced to run FreeBSD on his desktop. Hehe. I love Yahoo. ;)
> >
> > 	Yes, it was my idea of going with Linux for oracle. I'd much rather
> > see that happen, then oracle on NT.
>
> Erm, why didn't you point him at:
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org.ru/linux-oracle.HOW-TO.html
>
> Or any of the other howtos on running Linux oracle on FreeBSD?

Or given the leverage that Yahoo has, get Oracle to release the
Oracle server that's already ported to FreeBSD, and running on
the NC (Network Computer) server boxes?

As an experiment by someone, I have seen an NC server disk removed
from the server, installed on a FreeBSD box as a secondary disk, the
"oracle" directory tarred up, and untarred on another FreeBSD box,
and it ran fine.  The code was deleted after the experiment, of course.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.