Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 09:18:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>, Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: low cost consultant (?)

I agree that FreeBSD should not lose focus as a server OS, but if there
were a larger user base we would find more hardware vendors working for
FreeBSD users.  I wish that every autoloader tape drive out there had a
FreeBSD driver, but they hardly ever support FreeBSD.

The last time I had to use a nice new autoloader tape drive I had to use
Linux because it happened to have support while FreeBSD did not.

It is all about the numbers for hardware vendors.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

fortune:
Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
around the Sun.