Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2016 04:37:00 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?Re=3A?= curl and nginx no longer build on same host

On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 04:03 SGT, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com=

=

> > non-default options. I've managed to get away without anything in
> > /etc/make.conf on all my jails, collectively they install quite a r=
ange of
> > software types.
> >
> > Are you sure that WITH=5FOPENSSL=5FPORT isn't deprecated. I got som=
e warnings
> > to that effect. So I've been using USES+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl instead. P=
erhaps
> > that's part of the problem, maybe the ftp/curl port is still using =
the
> > older make.conf flag. I'll try it next time I update.
> >
> > Thanks Jim.
> >

> Yes and no. WITH=5FOPENSSL=5FPORT in make,conf has been deprecated. I=
t should
> still work, but you should update to the new syntax. If you do use it=
, you
> should see the following:
> "Using WITH=5FOPENSSL=5FPORT in make.conf is deprecated, replace it w=
ith
> DEFAULT=5FVERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl in your make.conf"
>
> To avoid conflicting SSL libraries in different ports, it is bast to =
put
> the "DEFAULT=5FVERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl" in /etc/make.conf. If you u=
se base
> OpsnSSL in some ports that create shareable libraries and the ports v=
ersion
> in others, you will eventually hit an executable, possibly from a thi=
rd
> port, that is linked to both and those programs will not run.

OK, I'm clear about the make.conf options and what they mean. But I sti=
ll have a problem in that even if I use DEFAULT=5FVERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dope=
nssl, ftp/curl will not build, certainly not with portmaster and I thin=
k I tried building it manually from inside it's ports directory.

/usr/ports/ftp/curl]# make
=3D=3D=3D>  curl-7.49.1 GSSAPI=5FBASE is not compatible with OpenSSL fr=
om ports. Use
other GSSAPI options or OpenSSL from base system.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/ftp/curl

So basically, I'd have to change one of the GSSAPI options in ftp/curl.=
 Except I haven't got a clue on the ramifications of this. Do I need GS=
SAPI? If so, should I use Heimdal or MIT?

So you see my point, it's not friendly on new FreeBSD users. I'm a fair=
ly experienced FreeBSD sys-adimin and I don't know what to do in this c=
ase.

At least I now know that there is a good reason to not have on port bui=
lt against base openssl and another built against ports openssl.

--
Regards, Euan Thoms