Date:      14 Mar 2001 15:19:37 -0600
From:      Tim Ayers <tayers@bridge.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: date time with C (off topic)

E> I do not have good C knowledge. I thought I just can convert the dat=
e value
E> I have to seconds since 1.1.1970. After that I can add seconds for o=
ne day
E> to the converted date value. But, I couldn't do because I couldn't m=
anage
E> how to calculate leap years.

This approach should work fine. Use mktime(3) to convert your date
into a time_t (the number of seconds since Epoch), add the number of
seconds in one day, then use ctime(3), gmtime(3), or localtime(3) to
convert to a struct tm so that you can get the parts of the new date.

Hope you have a very nice day, :-)
Tim Ayers (tayers@bridge.com)