Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:29:08 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Joaquin Menchaca <linuxuser@finnovative.net>, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mac mini and FreeBSD

At 1:15 PM -0800 1/21/05, Joaquin Menchaca wrote:
>What do people thinking about the Mac mini
>(http://www.modyourmac.com/minipics/) and FreeBSD?  This little
>computer is just so so tempting. :-)
>
>Think there should be any issues?

In a reply to one of my recent messages, Peter said:

     I'd say there's a very good chance [that FreeBSD/PPC will work on
     the Mac-mini]. My guess is that it's Powerbook-style internals,
     i.e. the Intrepid ASIC:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-G4/15inchPowerBookG4/index.html

     And there shouldn't be any issues with that.

I can use a Mac-mini for other purposes if it does not work out with
FreeBSD/PPC, so I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow to see if
I can get to the local Apple Store early enough to pick one up.  If I
succeed at that, I'll let people on this list know how well I make
out with FreeBSD/PPC on it.