Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 1997 22:56:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kill a ptty?

I telnetted into my bsd box from my sun. the sun is located in another
part of the house and being to lazy to walk down a flight of stairs I
decided to kill the telnet session from the bsd box. This was probably
the wrong way to do it, I just killed the telnetd session, when I think
if I was going to do it again, kill the pty session instead.

At any rate I'm now left with a "ghost" connection saying that I'm still
logged in to the bsd machine from the sun even though I'm not. Idle time
on this is still increasing also.

How in the world can I get rid of this? I show no listing with a ps that
I'm still logged in.

Thanks,
Kieth