Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:02:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jos Vissers <jvissers@sci.kun.nl>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tekram DC390

I just got a Tekram DC390 because it is cheap and is listed as
supported on the back cover of 3.1, and on the back of the box that
the controller came in it says that a FreeBSD driver is available.
The release notes for 3.1, however, state that this controller was
supported by the old scsi driver but has no CAM support YET.
Such minor discrepancies can be forgiven of course if they do not
appear on every next release cd cover without there actually being
support for the card, or perhaps the driver made by Tekram themselves
included with the next release.

But enough fingerpointing, the Tekram driver seems to work ok.
At the moment i only have a cd-writer connected but I can even
boot from it, up to the point where the 3.1-release cd kernel
doesn't have support for the card ;-)
I haven't tried making a bootable cd with support for the card
yet but I will soon.

If anyone is intersted I can test this card with other devices,
i'm currently running 3-stable of 19990405.

Jos

--
jvissers@sci.kun.nl # Jos Vissers        #
                    # Veldsestraat 5     #