Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 03:48:18 GMT
From:      Mike Smith <perlfu@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/86199: Missed AMD64 motherboard

>Number:         86199
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Missed AMD64 motherboard
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
      MSI K8M NEO-V is not listed in the section covering amd64 compatible motherboards.  Also there seems to be a lack of support for the VT8237 SATA Raid controller.  I can use the drive, but there seems to be some shaky behavior coming from it.  I've seen random kernel panics related to the drive, (don't have them to paste currently, but if you give me some time I'm sure it will randomly pop up some time soon).  It also defers for background fsck'ing even if the drives were properly unmounted.  The onboard sound also results in hard locks, randomly, especially when vchans are enabled.  I'm using the VT8237 Audio as well.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
>How-To-Repeat:
      Errors occur fairly randomly, and present themselves in different manners each time.  The drive can do everything from cause a panic, (same one each time, seems to indicate inconsistancies on the drive).  Also shows itself by constantly appearing as improperly dismounted, even when shutdown, or reboot was called.  Sound causes hard locks quite frequently and randomly as far as I can tell.  It only hard locks when I try to play multiple sounds at once.  Have tried with and without hw.snd.maxautovchans=4, tried a few of the patches that came out on the lists to no avail, no error messages, or logs can be found with anything pertaining to the sound issue, apparently it is generally a 100% hard lock, keyboard failure and all.